Sunday, December 21, 2008

Can someone please make the snow stop?


O.K. most everyone knows that I pretty much hate snow in the first place...but this is just stupid! Friday we got something like 16 inches. And today, I can't even venture a guess as to what we have! Our roof is covered and the "smart" builder put our vent pipe for the bathrooms on one of our sharpest peaks that is not accessible. So, Mike had to try and get that uncovered yesterday...well it's covered again today, and there's no way I am letting him up on the roof to try again! The snow is up to the 3rd step of the deck. It's a real treat! And, our church isn't closed! Guess we will be doing a whole lot of praying as we try to snowmobile our way over there! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, am I detecting a hint of sarcasm to your "Merry Christmas"?! Hang in there guys! Hopefully you are fully stocked with food, diapers, laundry detergent, DVDs, gas for the snowblower, and maybe some family board games? I'll say a "stop the snow" prayer for you! You can send a little our way (on the 24th would be nice, after 8am as I should be home from work by then)It's just sub-zero and gray here. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Got to Love all the family togetherness though right? Sometimes the church might not close but you have to make the decision that if you Miss Church for bad weather your not gonna be penalized by God for it right?...We go to Church on Saturday nights here so the weather was still good for us. I have gotten alot of cleaning done during this snowbound thingy...I actually refound my kitchen counter :0)..lol...and the kids cleaned their rooms...which they brought all the stuff they no longer wanted to me in the kitchen...now I have 5 yes, 5 huge trash bags full of stuff to drag out as soon as the weather is better..for now it's in our back hallway..the only ones who see that are the dogs. The cuter clothes I washed and will give to a coworker....but most were definitely not recycleable....Hugs, I guess we don't have to worry about Global Warming this week...:0)