Monday, October 06, 2008

Fix me up Doctor!


Luke had surgery to remove his adenoids this morning. I was able to go back to the operating room with him until he was asleep. He did well. We had to stay at the surgical center for 2 hours or so after the surgery as Luke refused fluids...and proceeded to bring up all that we were able to get down! Once home, though, he did really well. He drank 6 cups of juice or water the rest of the day. We were to keep him on a liquid diet the first few hours after the surgery...well I'm here to tell you that by 3:45pm that boy was going nuts he was so hungry! Thankfully he slept through the first night comfortably and we are praying for another restful night tonight too (Tuesday). Thank you for all your prayers, they worked! He did great and is recovering like a champ...Oh, guess what he did this evening (Tuesday)? While I was reading to the big kids, he somehow found a permanent marker and colored all over my kitchen cabinets! Thank the Lord, it did all come off with the help of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! (phew!) That boy is out to kill me!
P.S. that "thing" he is holding is "Scarey Kitty" he belongs at the surgical center and Luke took a strong liking to him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Luke! Glad everything went well and hope you feel better soon! That sure is a spooky kitty, glad it doesn't "live" with you.

Erin said...

That is a WAY scary kitty! More scary than the surgical setting, I am sure! I am glad things went well!