Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Will it ever end?

No photos this time (sorry!) This has been a crazy, emotional week for me, not so much the kids....although I think their high octane energy is helping send me over the edge! The long and short of it is, I have been in contact with my dr's office for 3 days and finally got a call back today for an appointment for Dec. 16th. I may need surgery and can't meet with the dr. until this day to decide! AUGH! The stressful part is that because I am weekend option now at work, I only get 9 days per calendar year off...this includes my sick time and vacation time. Now you see why I was stressed. Don't worry, I'm not going to die, just having some "issues". I also feel like the worst mom in the entire universe! Tonight was AWANA parents night...I knew this and kept it in the back of my mind. Due to MIke in wrestling season now, this was my only chance to go grab the few groceries we needed, well, the long and short of it is: between leaving the kids at church and getting the food, I completely forgot and ran the food home before picking them up...Anna was VERY bummed out that I wasn't there...to the point that I wanted to burst into tears! I feel like I can't keep up with everything. Jake and Luke were oblivious to the whole thing (phew!).
Mike got a deer this weekend (so did grandpa Rottier). So, they brought that last night, thank you!! BUT, I let the kids watch Bambi...cuz they wanted to. Since then? The boys have the fear of God in them about night time and deer coming and getting them! WHAT!? Over Bambi!? I don't get it, guess I am not meant to! Oh well again, right?
On a bright note: Today was Molly's "BIG" clinic day to have all her labs drawn again to decide which course of action to take. Today her leukemic cell count needed to be below 5%. It was 1% YES!!!! They will know more about what direction her treatment goes on Friday. Like I said before, if you want to check on her more frequently go to: www.carepages.com Then enter in: MollyKate as the care page you want to visit! Have a great night, I just heard my dryer so must go up and continue the laundry! No, it does not ever end.......

5 comments:

K. Lintjer said...

Hey lady,

You are a fabulous mom, I couldn't do what you do with 3 kids! I hope everything works out. If you need anything let me know, Karissa and I will come help.

Anonymous said...

Hello Honey!
I know that I'm busy an aweful lot, but call if you need me! I'll try to work things out. I LOVE you with all my heart and hope everything gets straightened out quickly.
BIG LUVIN'HUGS,

Anonymous said...

You can't fly in and leave a comment like don't worry I'm not gonna die...and let me worry....I guess you can but I hope everything is o.k!
You know your a Good Mom...every working mom feels guilt and how they coulda done a better job...ya da ya da...then the kids grow up to be teenagers and you think when are they moving out! LOL....seriously your a Great Mom!

Anonymous said...

Big, Long Distance Hugs from me!! You are doing a great job, those kids are WONDERFUL :o) Even as a stay-at-home Mom you still have the guilt. There is no way to divide one or two parents evenly between three kids. You just do the best that you can and trust in God. And if that's the worst that Anna has to complain about as an adult, I think that's awesome! She and Nick can call each other and complain on all of the school/church activities that their parents/Mothers didn't make it to anytime! I'll play the violin accompaniment :o)

Corny110 said...

Facing surgery, an absent - busy husband.....Anna's disappointment will pass. You'll get through this.