Friday, August 21, 2009

Visiting dear friends....

This week I was able to get away to visit a couple very dear friends of mine and their kids. Monday Mike brought me to Chicago to see Melissa. I stayed with her and her family overnight and we had a great visit. Molly is doing well, as you can see in the pictures. Her transplant has, thus far, been successful and she is thriving. She still has visitor restrictions, so I was unable to bring the kids, but it was still a great visit! Molly loves her new baby brother Drew, it was so much fun to see everyone again!


Then it was off by taxi to O'Hare to fly to Denver...alone!!!!!! A first for me, but well worth it to see Rebecca and the kids again!






Nick and Ellie started school the second day I was there, it was kind of fun to get into a school routine before ours actually starts up! Rebecca was a great tour guide and brought me to Boulder and Estes Park. It was awesome to finally meet Mr. William. I have seen many photos and heard him on the phone but this was our first meeting! He's sweet and really reminds me of both Nick and Elle when they were here in MI. I was a wuss, and after promising not to cry, I did anyways! (sorry Rebecca!) It was so much fun! Hope to see you again soon! The flight home was great, I got back to O'Hare right on time...and we got home to Michigan by around 2-2:30 am....augh! Kids were up by 7 am and ready to go! Welcome home Mommy!

2 comments:

~Rebecca~ said...

We LOVED having you Holly! Come again soon...tomorrow would be nice! It was sooooo good to see you again, and I'm super lonely now that you have gone home. Bring those babies with you next time so we can have some good old kid fun in Denver :) Miss you lots!

Mom said...

So glad to see the pictures honey! And glad you're are safely home.

Love to all...