All done with day one!! We all survived. The bus showed up at 3:55pm, out ran the 5th grader from down the street...but no Anna. The bus driver says from her little window, "was there another child on this morning?" Calmly I said, "ah, Yeah, my Daughter!!" "Oh, she says, you better come look for her." I am ready to JUMP out of my skin, saying every prayer I can think of on my very quick walk across the street to the bus. I say to the bus driver, "is she asleep?" She says "I don't know" (not the best thing to say to this mommy!!! I jump on the bus, rather abruptly, and see her sitting in the third row. I say, with restraint, AnnaJoy, you have got to pay attention or you are going to get lost honey!!! She looks at me (VERY EXHAUSTED like) and comes with me off the bus. O.K. it was just a quick almost nightmare, but still! I almost wet my pants! She is home safe, had a great day according to her, and was in bed by 7pm (asleep!) For anyone who knows her well, you know that is REALLY early and a miracle that she fell asleep so quickly! (Oh I forgot to tell you, during this whole "incident" I left the boys unguarded in the garage!!! I am very lucky that they didn't come flying down the driveway and into the road themselves!!) I think I need to take some antianxiety meds before school on Friday! This was a bit too much drama for me for one day!! And I have 14 more years of this!!!! Lord help me!!
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
The End of the First Day!
All done with day one!! We all survived. The bus showed up at 3:55pm, out ran the 5th grader from down the street...but no Anna. The bus driver says from her little window, "was there another child on this morning?" Calmly I said, "ah, Yeah, my Daughter!!" "Oh, she says, you better come look for her." I am ready to JUMP out of my skin, saying every prayer I can think of on my very quick walk across the street to the bus. I say to the bus driver, "is she asleep?" She says "I don't know" (not the best thing to say to this mommy!!! I jump on the bus, rather abruptly, and see her sitting in the third row. I say, with restraint, AnnaJoy, you have got to pay attention or you are going to get lost honey!!! She looks at me (VERY EXHAUSTED like) and comes with me off the bus. O.K. it was just a quick almost nightmare, but still! I almost wet my pants! She is home safe, had a great day according to her, and was in bed by 7pm (asleep!) For anyone who knows her well, you know that is REALLY early and a miracle that she fell asleep so quickly! (Oh I forgot to tell you, during this whole "incident" I left the boys unguarded in the garage!!! I am very lucky that they didn't come flying down the driveway and into the road themselves!!) I think I need to take some antianxiety meds before school on Friday! This was a bit too much drama for me for one day!! And I have 14 more years of this!!!! Lord help me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment